JANS is proud to offer guided trips and services in and around Park City from our flagship store on Park Avenue and through our partners at White Pine Touring. To keep our clients, staff, and guides safe, we will be adhering to the following protocols for all of our guided services.
Fly Fishing Trips from JANS on Park Avenue
- To mitigate the risk and exposure for staff, JANS fly fishing trips will be doing the following:
- Guides may use or wear gloves, masks, sanitizing spray/wipes, and any other PPE (personal protective equipment) they feel necessary to limit exposure. Guides will also maintain proper social distancing practices whenever possible to avoid risk of exposure.
- Guides are responsible for their own PPE and will be using their own vehicles. Guides are required to sanitize their own equipment at the beginning and end of each guided trip, as well as any time contamination has occurred or anyone feels it is necessary.
- Unfortunately, food services will not be provided and are postponed until reduction of risk is observed.
- To mitigate risk and exposure for yourself and the public, we are asking all clients to do the following:
- Make all payments online or over the phone; clients will also be asked to purchase fishing licenses online or over the phone.
- Bring your own food, beverages, and coolers/containers.
- Follow proper social distancing while engaging in guided activity.
- Meet at a designated location or follow the guide’s vehicle to the location of the guided activity. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the fishing department at JANS on Park Avenue at 800-745-1020 or email Chris “Wis” Wistner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During this time of restrictive regulations, JANS may need to change or cancel your fly fishing trip based on the requirements of the county, state, or federal government. Any cancellation will generate a full credit or refund. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
What Is Included:
- All the necessary fly fishing equipment will be provided. If you need a rod, waders, and/or boots, you can have your guide bring them, or you can stop by JANS on 1600 Park Ave, Park City, UT to pick up the necessary equipment before your trip.
- Drinks, snacks, and lunches will not be provided by JANS for the time being. Please bring any food and beverages with you for your trip.
- Clients are responsible for their own fishing license. We recommend purchasing licenses prior to your trip here.
Hiking, Biking, and Rock Climbing Tours from White Pine Touring on Bonanza Drive
In addition to fly fishing, our partners at White Pine Touring offer guided mountain biking, rock climbing, and hiking trips. Guides will be taking the following precautions:
Guided Trip Operations
White Pine Touring is operating trips under the following State and County Guidelines. More information can be found here.
Reservation Booking and Confirmation Process
- At the time of booking, all customers will be alerted to the protocols that will be in place during their outing. We’ll reach out directly via confirmation emails, and guests can visit White Pine Touring for updates.
- Communications will include information on our facial covering protocols and on current social distancing protocols. We request you please not appear for your trip if you or others in your party have exposure to or signs of COVID-19.
Customer Check-In Process
- All guided trips will meet at the trail head designated by your guide or at the White Pine Touring store at 1790 Bonanza Drive in Park City.
- When practical, we will check you in for your tour or lesson outside of the store.
- Please print and fill out liability waivers and health forms in advance. We have included links to these forms in your confirmation email and on our individual trips and tours pages on the website.
- Families, households, and groups travelling together will be distanced from other groups and customers during the check-in process.
- Social Distancing will be practiced by employees and customers during the duration of the trip.
- Hand Sanitizer or hand washing should be available during the check-in process at every station.
- Customers should arrive in their own vehicles and will drive separately from the guide to the trail head.
- In the case of tours that start and finish in different locations, we ask that you arrange your own shuttle to avoid being in the guide’s vehicle. We will provide clear directions and street addresses for drop-off and pickup for any tour.
- If it is not possible for you to have your car shuttled, the guide will transport you back to your car without exceeding 50% of vehicle capacity.
- All guided trips and lessons are private for the group booking the tour. You will not be asked to combine your tour or lesson with other individuals outside your own party.
- All participants are required to sign a paper liability release and medical forms. Guests are encouraged to print and sign documents prior to arrival and to bring completed documents with them for check-in.
- Our guides will drive in front of you at a reasonable speed so you can follow along.
- Guest-to-guide ratio is 5:1 max on biking trips, 5:1 max on hiking trips, and 4:1 max on climbing trips.
- Your tour guides have been encouraged to contact you before the trip to get sizes for shoes, harnesses, helmets, and bikes to eliminate the chance for bottlenecks and gatherings at the store. Your guide will also inform you of any changing health protocols at the time of your tour.
- All instruction and demonstration can be done by guides while maintaining six feet of distance.
- If a guide needs to touch a bike or equipment that you or anyone in your party is using for any reason, the guide will wear gloves or use hand sanitizer immediately before and after contact.
- Upon return to the shop, all shop equipment will go to a specific returns-only area for disinfection before their next use. Any other equipment used by a guide or client will need to be put in the appropriate area and disinfected accordingly.
Book Online Ahead of Time or Call In
Be sure to book your guided trip or tour from JANS or White Pine Touring online or call ahead. This will enhance your safety and speed up the process to get you out on the trail or river as fast as possible!
Learn more about our Guided Trips and Tours in Park City, UT, or call 800-745-1020!
By: Paul Boyle, Production Manager, jans.com